Monday, September 27, 2021

richmond and punk flea market adventurez :3

dear e-diary and online friendz, i have a tale of a weekend adventure in richmond, va!!!


So, over the weekend, momi-chan and I went to Richmond, VA, as a fun road trip. :) we visited around the VCU campus, which is where momi-chan got his bachelors a few years ago. So we visited first this club he used to go to which was like... a sci-fi / fantasy club. We watched some funny youtube clips and then a movie with the club. 

The movie was called "Zebraman," it was totally wild, but I actually really enjoyed it. I like absurd movies sometimes. Here's a quick blurb about Zebraman from wikipedia: "a 2004 Japanese superhero comedy film directed by Takashi Miike" It has a lot of interesting artistic choices and the style is familiar to the feeling of  pre-1980's American sci-fi films. the experience of watching this was so fun. (I'd recommend watching this with friends, as the adding of commentary made my experience so much funnier.)

side note about film: There's an art film called "Daisies" that i absolutely LOVE, here's a quick blurb about daisies from wikipedia "a 1966 Czechoslovakian surrealist comedy-drama film written and directed by Věra Chytilová" I first was introduced to this film in my "women in film" class in college, I liked the aesthetics of it, and it actually holds a lot of historical/political commentary behind it's absurdist style. 

Back to the story of the Richmond adventures!

After that movie viewing, we returned to Momi-chan's friend's place. He was nice enough to let us crash on his couch, luckily! (Richmond hotels are costly...) We hung out before bed, listening to momi-chan's friend (I'm going to call this friend Q, as momi-chan calls him this and to respect his privacy). SO anyway, yes, we hung out and listened to Q play guitar. He has an electric guitar now and has been learning to play for a short while, and he's already very good. Q played some Beatles, and other classic rock type songs. We had a good laugh at Momi-chan because he didn't recognize "house of the rising sun" without the lyrics, but it was all in good fun. After staying up pretty late, we had some midnight McDonalds, and then crashed. LOL

Day two, we started by trekking to a convenience store for an energy drink, (ultra rosa has become my go-to, but this particular day, I had the green ultra-paradise). Then, we made the short walk to a local waffle cafe, and got some delicious belgian waffles to go. And then off to bowling we went! Now, I'll be honest, I am 1000000000% garbage at most sports. It's just not my thing, and bowling is 100% one of those sports that I have no skill at all in. So for the first game, I think my total score was like....15? it was pretty low because most frames I didn't any pins, LMAO XD (I wasn't kidding when I said I don't do sports). We played three games.....and SOMEHOW, like really shockingly, I started the third with a strike! which was wild. And I did fairly well that game somehow. 

After bowling, we headed to an event happening in a local venue. This event seemed interesting on facebook, so we decided to make the trek. It was a punk flea market! There were SO many amazing vendors with all sorts of crazy stuff. I got a lot of things, including a pan-sexual flag colors dice tower for DnD, some hella rad secondhand t-shirts (for some clothing diys), and TONS more. I envy places with such a good amount of alternative population people that can have these sort of events. Oh, i also bought 2 CDs of local punk bands, so I can't wait to check out their sound.

That's pretty much the extent of it, but yeah! I had a really fun time. 

Feeling: Pretty good, I'm on a new anti-depressant dose and I have therapy today, so I'll see how that goes. That usually boosts my day a bunch. 

Listening to: The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

Weather: blessedly FINALLY cool outside. it's like 59 degrees when I woke up. God I LOVE FALL.



Okie, uh, bye!


luv, 

 xX_f4ll0ut-f0x_Xx


2 comments:

  1. punk flea market sounds so cool! I feel you on the significant alternative population thing. I still get so excited when I see people wearing J-fash (or hell, any alt fashion) around. I can only think of 2 times in my entire life I saw people wearing J-fash in my hometown, and honestly considering how out in the sticks it is I'm surprised that number is as high as it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg XD this is kinda random but your comment made me think of the meme about "if i had a nickel for every time....i'd have two nickels. Which is not a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice" LOL

      Delete

Let's chat!! :)